Group Training Classes
Dog-Harmony offers a variety of classes and clinics. Most classes and clinics are offered monthly based on the needs of the public. If you do not see a class fit for your pup or you are unsure where to start, contact us at hello@dog-harmony,org and we will assist you in finding the right class. Group Training Classes are $125 for 4 weeks. Class is limited to 6 dog and handler teams. All dogs must be friendly with other dogs and have up to date vaccinations.
- Puppy Kindergarten | Monday Evenings | July 5th – July 26th or August 2nd – August 23rd | 5:30-6:30 pm
- For puppies 12-20 weeks old
- This class focuses on providing valuable socialization with other puppies and new people while introducing basic obedience skills. We’ll also cover how to address common puppy problems including nipping, potty training, chewing, and crate training.
- Prerequisites: Puppies must be current on age-appropriate vaccinations.
- Basic Obedience 1 | Wednesday Evenings | July 7th – July 28th or August 4th – August 25th | 5:30-6:30 pm
- A 4-week class covering basic skills sit, down, stay, come, and loose leash walking.
- Prerequisites: Dog must be friendly with other dogs and people and up to date on vaccinations.
- Summer School Workshop Series | Thursdays 10:00-11:30am | $25 per session
- Obedience Games June 10th
- Enrichment Games June 24th
- Clicks and Tricks July 8th
Group Training Teacher:
- Hannah is an Associate Certified Dog Behavior Consultant through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC) as well as a Fear Free Certified Dog Trainer. She graduated from Ohio State University with a degree in Zoology and has over 10 years of experience training dogs as well as cats and exotic animals. She enjoys helping owners live easier, happier lives with their canine family members and has a special interest in puppy socialization and development.
- Jr Handler Clinic | July 6th or July 20th | 10:00 – 11:15 am | $30 per session
- The Jr Handler Clinic is designed for kids over 8 years old to learn basic handling techniques, tricks, and dog safety with their canine companion. A parent or guardian must be present at the begining of the clinic to fill out a waiver form. Kids under 11 will need a parent to remain on-site for the duration of the clinic.
- Therapy Dog Clinics | July 13th or July 27th | 10:00 – 11:30am | $30 per session
- All levels interested in becoming a therapy team. whether you are an existing therapy team, preparing to test, or interested in becoming a team this workshop is for you.
Clinic Training Teachers:
- Nancy Bown is a graduate of the Animal Behavior College in Santa Clarita, California, and a Certified Professional Dog Trainer – Knowledge Assessed (CPDT-KA). She is a fear-free trainer and an Intermountain Therapy Animals evaluator. Nancy is the founder of Dog-Harmony who focuses on humane education and training.
- Debbi is a licensed evaluator, instructor and volunteer for Intermountain Therapy Animals.
There will be no refunds and no makeups with these classes and clinics. All dogs must be dog friendly.